NEW YORK (OCN) — Once per year, there are those who go out in search of Holi colors. What they do not know is Holi colors that are sold in the market may contain oxidized metals or industrial dyes mixed with engine oil.
Below are some health effects that users could experience.
* Lead Oxide (Black): Renal failure, learning disability
* Copper Sulphate (Green): Eye allergy, temporary blindness
* Chromium Iodide (Purple): Bronchial asthma, allergies
* Aluminium Bromide (Silver): Carcinogenic
* Mercury Sulphite (Red): Skin cancer, minamata