NEW YORK (OCN) — Thinking about leaving the State of New York to escape Hurricane Irene and others that could follow? Prepare to meet curfews in other cities if you leave.
* Aurora’s curfew is from midnight Friday to through 5:00 a.m. Sunday
* Carteret County has a curfew for Bogue Banks starting at 8:00 p.m. Friday
* Havelock imposed a curfew at 9:30 p.m. Friday and will lift it after winds subside below 39mph (likely Sunday or Monday) .
* Jacksonville is under a curfew from 2:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday
* Onslow County’s curfew begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday and continues through Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
* Swansboro has a curfew from 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning and ending at 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning
* Surf City has a curfew starting at 8:00 p.m. Friday
* Washington’s curfew begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning and continues each day from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.