NEW YORK (OCN) — A New York family does not have to worry about foreclosure on their home thanks to a tea bag the family had sitting in their cupboard.
Most tea bags includes a string for easy dipping (some are without) and the one The Wilson Family were using on Saturday morning in their microwave had a metal stapler. With the kitchen television blaring and the fan on the microwave blowing, the English couple and their daughters were unaware that they had a problem until the smoke detector a few feet away alerted them.
“I thought it was the toast again” says James. “It often happens when we are in a rush.” It wasn’t until [my wife] Janet went back to the kitchen that she saw there was a fire and it was spreading.”
Mrs. Wilson stated that she grabbed her kids and bolted outside to meet James in the yard to safely dial 911. With the damages to their lovely home, the insurance claim is enough to pay off the mortgage thrice.