Are you planning on applying or renewing expired New York State ID’s? For the points needed for New York State ID’s, please see the DMV website for a point sheet or below so that you may know what you need to collect.
* Foreign passport with your visa, I-94 card, and Form I-20 that is valid for at least 6 more months – 3 points*
* A U.S. Social Security card that shows your signature – 2 points**
* A U.S. college photo ID card and a current academic transcript – 2 points
* A computer printed pay stub that shows your name – 1 point
* An employee ID card that shows your name – 1 point
* A health insurance card issued in the U.S. – 1 point
* A utility bill (cellular phones are not considered utilities) – 1 point
* A W-2 form – 1 point
* Only one of the following items issued by a financial institution – 1 point
– A bank statement.
– A canceled check which displays your pre-printed name.
– An ATM card or a debit card that displays your pre-printed name and your signature.
– A valid major U.S. credit card.
Join us in our New York Forum if you have any comments or questions.