Street Performances in New York

Are you interested in street performances in the State of New York? If so, below are a few things that you need to know to see what is required before, during and after a performance.

Performance Permit
Before any street performances in New York, the performer(s) must acquire the necessary permits from the New York Police Department (NYPD) if they plan to be in or near a city park or use a sound device such as a loudspeaker, megaphone, or stereo during their public performance. The current fee for the single-day permit is US$45.00 (price subject to change) and is not a requirement for performances without a sound device. Please be aware that single-day and multiple-day sound permits must be applied for in person at the police precinct covering the area in which such sound device or apparatus is to be used or operated. These single-day and multiple-day permits must be submitted at least five (5) days prior to the date upon which such sound device or apparatus is to be used or operated.

Since your invited guests (and event crashers) can carry a sound device to your performance, you will want to take the necessary precaution and spend a  few dollars and minutes out of your day for a permit for your street performances in New York instead of a alot more money and time in fighting a citation in the court. An example of an unknown sound device would be a megaphone by your Security Staff that would be used for crowd control.

Join us in our New York Forum if you have any comments or questions.