Are you planning to propose in Central Park to that special person in your life or need a quiet yet romanic spot for a few hours to share with that special person in your life? Below are romantic places in Central Park for you to try on your visit. While visiting late at night, be sure to leave by curfew to avoid trouble with the Central Park Police Precinct and adhere to all other rules & regulations posted on the signs around the park.
* On a Carriage or Horseback Ride [map]
* On The Great Lawn [map]
* On The Lake [map]
* At Cherry Hill [map]
* At Tavern on the Green [map] (Closing 2009)
* At the Skating Rink [map]
* At the Shakespeare Garden [map]
* At the Belvedere Castle [map]
* At the Conservatory Garden [map]
* At the Bethesda Fountain [map]
* At the Bow Bridge [map]
* At the Delacorte Theatre [map]
* At the Pool [map]
* At the Conservatory Water [map]
* At the Loeb Boathouse [map]
Hungry? Well, if you did not have time to pack a picnic, there is a Whole Foods Market nearby. Since liquor isn’t allowed in Central Park (and on the MTA’s transportations), you will need to visit bars in the area.
If you need to find each area in Central Park, please use this Virtual Map to guide yourself around. After spending time in the park, do not forget to see other romantic places in New York before heading back to one of the city’s romantic hotels in New York.
Join us in our New York Forum if you have any comments or questions.