Description: Cook experience required. Responsible for maintenance, set up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the kitchen. Assists the Executive Chef in the training and support of the kitchen staff.
$10/hr + station gratuity ($0.50 increase after 120 days). Personal Time off days, 401-K/ Retirement Plan, Benefits (Medical, Vision, Prescription, Dental), Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Starwood Hotel Discounts, employee referral programs, employee recognition programs, credit-union, discounted Car Insurance through NJ Manufacturers, Public Transportation close.
- Prepares all foods in accordance to standard recipes and as specified by the guest. Oversees food preparation and kitchen staff to ensure quality production. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, e.g., especially high cost meat and fish items.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of kitchen.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Keeps floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, cross-training, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Reports suspicious persons or activities to a supervisor immediately.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, & Ability:
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicate with other associates.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School education required. Culinary School preferred.
Contact Person: Human Resources
Contact Email: email@example.com
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users